Let's Cook with Bubala
Make these tasty treats as mild or hot as you wish. Serves 4 as an appetiser.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serving Description: 6 wings
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 0nion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (substitute fruit juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Separate wings into sections, serve wing tips for stock or discard.
- The other 2 sections can be left joined (fewer pieces to turn on the grill) or separated (easier to get both the larger drum sections and smaller middle sections grilled to a uniform grill; easier to eat).
- Put remaining ingredients into blender or food processor and pulse 8 – 10 times (or make by hand: chop onion and garlic very finely, mash together with salt, then add remaining ingredients).
- Combine wings and sauce in a small bowl. Stir to coat well, or shake the bowl, refrigerate covered for at least 2 hours, up to 8 hours.
- Heat grill. Remove chicken from sauce and pat dry. Put sauce in a small pan and boil until reduced by half. Grill chicken 15 minutes or until done (make sure no pink shows in thickest part of meat), turning as needed to prevent burning.
- Serve hot with sauce for dipping and serve with chips if desired.
THIS IS A MOUTH WATERING DISH. WHY NOT TRY IT?