The dictionary has now been published on Smashwords.com. You can download a free sample to read offline on your PC, phone, tablet or ereader.
Please leave your comments about the dictionary below or on Smashwords.com
English-Bemba Dictionary by John Sendama Dr. $2.99 from Smashwords.com
Bemba is one of Zambia's 72 languages. It is also the most widely spoken in the northern part of the country and along the line of rail. Bemba continues to evolve as it assimilates words from other languages, including English. Those learning the language will find this dictionary helpful.
The dictionary is available in the following formats:
- Kindle (.mobi for Kindle devices and Kindle apps)
- Epub (Apple iPad/iBooks, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo, and most e-reading apps including Stanza, Aldiko, Adobe Digital Editions, others)
- PDF (good for reading on PC, or for home printing)
- Online Reading (HTML, good for sampling in web browser)
- RTF (readable on most word processors)
- LRF (Use only for older model Sony Readers that don't support .epub)
- Palm Doc (PDB) (for Palm reading devices)
- Plain Text (download) (flexible, but lacks much formatting)
- Plain Text (view) (viewable as web page)
You can view a sample of the dictionary here: