From the comments that have been submitted for translation so far we have made the following classifications. We hope this makes it easier for you to find what you are looking for.
This section will be updated frequently to reflect new enquries, so check back here often for the latest.
We invite you to contribute where you think a better translation is possible.
The following abbreviations are used:
Sing. = Singular
Pl. = Plural (Note: In Bemba this is also the form used to show respect)
- “I love you” can be translated as “Nalikutemwa (singular) / Nalimutemwa (plural)“
- “You are the most beautiful girl in the world and I love you very much” = “Pali bonse abanakashi muno calo, iwe niwe wapwililika. Nalikutemwa nganshi.”
- “Thank you for making me complete” = “Ndekutotela pakumpwishisho mweo”
- “I hope that our relationship will last for long time” = “Mpepa fye ukuti icitemwiko cesu ciletwalilila.”
- “I’m forever yours.” = “Ndi obe pe na pe”
- “Nothing happens by accident as we are led to believe.” = “Tekwesha ukusumina ukuti ifintu fiicitikila fye.”
- “I believe our paths were crossed for a reason.” = Ine nalisumina ukuti kwaliba umulandu twakumanine.”
- ” I wish I would have beautiful singing voice because than I would sing love songs for you.” = “A nkwata ishiwi lyakwimbilamo iliusuma nga nda kwimbila inyimbo sha citemwiko”
- “I love to wake up every day knowing that I’m with you” = “Lyonse nganashibuka mutulo, cilampela insansa ukwibukisha ukuti uli mutemwikwa wandi.”
- “I missed….midnight conversations, 7 am wake up calls and all those non-work related Emails.” = “Nalefuluka…ilyashi lya pakati kabushiku, ukunshibusha kumaca, namakalata ya ‘Email’ ayashali yakuncito.”
- He is your husband = Mûlume obe (sing.), Bâlume benu (pl.)
- He is not my husband = Temulume wandi (sing.), Tebalume bandi (pl.)
- “Your eyes, your smile and your gorgeous body definitely is made by God, because only God can make such a beautiful body as yours” = Amenso yobe, uluseko lobe, nomubili uishaiwamina – fyonse ifi filelanga fye ukuti cacine ni Lesa Kabumba ewakupangile. Ni Lesa eka eunga panga umubili uwawama ifi.”
- “Faith, hope and love” = “Cisumino, cisubilo ne citemwiko.”
- “Welcome to Zambia!” = “Mwaiseni ku Zambia!
- “How is your day going?” = Mwatandala shani? or “Mwabomba shani?”
- “Forever sisters” = “Inkashi sha muyayaya”
- “Best wishes for your interviews” = “Mukende bwino kuma “interview”” or “Mukende bwino kukweshiwa.”
- “I wish you all the very best” = “?”