The following are revised prices to reflect the recent rebasing of the Zambian currency. The new currency is basically three zeros less than the old currency (K1,000 is now K1).
The fares are usually adjusted as indicated below, whenever there is an upward movement in the price of fuel:
- Minibus fares – 50 Ngwee
- Shared Taxi Fares – 50 Ngwee
- Booking fees – K5
The following are the pick up points for taxis on shared fares:
- NKANA EAST ROUTE – Outside CHARLIE ONE INTERNET CAFÉ on OXFORD ROAD
- WUSAKILE,CHAMBOLI,LUANGWA– Outside IMMIGRATION OFFICE on OXFORD ROAD
- NKANA WEST – at CALTEX FILLING STATION(QUADRANT MOTORS)
- NDEKE– at CALTEX FILLING STATION(QUADRANT MOTORS)
- KWACHA,CHIMWEMWE– at TOTAL FILLING STATION(behind HOTEL EDENBURGH swimming pool)
Long distance fares are usually increased by K5 when there is an upwards adjustment in the costs of fuel. The removal of fuel subsidy caused the price to increase by K10 in 2013.
For Old Bus fares (2011) see: Bus Fares in Kitwe