Photo by Obsidian Soul
Sweet potatoes are good for energy. In Zambia sweet potatoes are eaten as a vegetable. They are tasty and nutritous.
- Sweet potato leaves or kalembula as they are commonly known in Zambia. 500grams
- 2 medium tomatoes and 1 medium bulb onion.
- 1 dessert spoon cooking oil.
- 2 teacups pounded groundnuts.
- Wash the leaves in clean water. Remove them from the stems.
- Do not cut the leaves. Put them in the pot as they are. The leaves get cut while cooking.
- After cooking for 5minutes add the tomatoes and onion.
- Cook until the ingredients are cooked.
- Add the groundnut and salt at the same time. Allow the groundnuts to cook for 10 minutes.
- After that mix the groundnuts thoroughly using a cooking stick.
- Cook for 10 minutes again and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Serve with nshima.
This meal is mouth watering. Try it now.