LIST OF BEMBA LESSONS AVAILABLE:
Click on a choice to open the lesson.
- Giving Instructions in Bemba
- Common Verbs
- Learn How To Count In Bemba
- Visiting A Friend
- Learn To Speak Bemba Online Using The Bible
- Asking Questions
- Pronounciation & Reading
- At the Restaurant
- At the Hospital
- Visiting Grandma
- Introducing Yourself
- Days, Weeks, Months and Seasons in Bemba
- Personal Pronouns – I, Me, My.
- How to Ask a Question:
- Small Talk
Learning a new language can be a lot of fun. A visitor who makes an effort to learn the local language comes across as being genuinely interested in getting along with local people.
While it is true that Zambians are a very welcoming people who will receive visitors with open arms regardless of the language they speak, it is still a good idea to learn a local language. It is more fun and enables you to communicate with those who do not understand your language.
There are several options you can look at when learning a new language:
- A native language speaker who is willing to teach you in your own time
- A phrase book
- Foreign language eBooks that you can carry along on your eBook reader or your mobile phone
- A dictionary
- Smart phone Apps that translate from your language into a foreign language of your choice. These are not currently available for Zambian languages
Zambian languages currently only have some of these resources.
KitweOnline is compiling common phrases and simple sentences that you are likely to use in common day to day situations. We are depending on you to send in suggestions about the words you would like to see translated into English.
Starting with Bemba, we eventually aim to cover other Zambian languages.
DO YOU SPEAK A ZAMBIAN LANGUAGE?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP WITH OUR LANGUAGE PROJECTS.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH US, GET IN TOUCH BELOW.